I had a wonderful, exciting, bonding time off with my children. they inspire, engage, me and I love them very much. I'm very lucky to have them to teach me life-lessons, make me laugh, intigue me and get me active.
This recipe below would be perfect for a Fourth of July picnic you may be hosting or attending. Give it a try. You can find quinoa at most grocery stores or health food stores.
My trainer posted this recipe and I think it looks amazing.
Give it a try!
Quinoa Fruit Salad
This refreshing summer salad is made with quinoa. Quinoa is a gluten-free, protein-packed seed. It's a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Add a side of lean protein to your salad and you've got a highly nutritious, balanced meal.
Here's what you need...
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1-15 fresh mint leaves, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- optional dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice and the mint. Pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine the fruit, agave nectar and remaining lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 2 hours, to allow the flavors to emerge, then combine the fruit with the quinoa and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 1 fat, 13mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, and 6g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the "refer a friend" link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.